About the Role
We're a Ghanaian last-mile logistics startup on a mission to revolutionize Africa’s livestock pharmaceutical distribution market. We started life in 2017 with a simple but powerful idea: to build a low-cost, tech-enabled solution that disintermediates the current inefficient supply chains and provides a novel, dedicated supply channel to directly reach smallholder farmers in the remotest places in Africa with quality and reliable livestock inputs. We package all services a farmer may need to keep his animals healthy, as a single, comprehensive annual plan that farmers can sign up for. Our subscription package provides all the recommended veterinary services such as vaccinations, parasite management, and other services.
Our plan gives farmers the reassurance of receiving the best possible veterinary services for their livestock, and is designed to make routine care more affordable, giving every farmer the opportunity to spread the cost of animal care throughout the year. For added convenience and affordability, we sell these plans along with other key agricultural inputs. This allows farmers to pay for a Cowtribe service package when they visit an agro vet shop to purchase their favorite farm inputs, such as fertilizers and seeds. Only 3 years old, Cowtribe has cumulatively served more than 34,000 farmers across 300 communities in Ghana. Our goal is to serve 1 million smallholder farmers by 2025.
Cowtribe is looking out for candidates having 3+ years of experience in the IT industry with experience across business requirement analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing, troubleshooting of distributed API-enabled product ecosystems using .NET Core.
Reports to: The Projects Manager
The Developer will be responsible for developing the core server backends for our API-driven product ecosystem, collaborating with a cross-functional agile product team of Front-end/Mobile developers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to create the best possible solutions given changing business requirements of a fast-moving startup. They will also be responsible for the configuration and deployment of self-hosted 3rd party software.
The ideal candidate will also have strong DevOps experience, using CI/CD tooling and deploying to the cloud with Amazon Web Services.
An ideal candidate should be very good at detailed analysis, identify key business requirements, problem-solving and stakeholder communication, and be able to forge solid relationships with peers across a distributed organization and be able to build consensus across organizational levels. Quickly able to adapt to new technologies, experiment, and find quick solutions to business problems.
A person must be willing to collaborate and help others on the team as necessary and be a solid team player. The developer will work with a smart bunch of folks who are doing state-of-the-art development work in multiple areas of technology and software development.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture in .NET
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 3+ years (minimum) experience in designing and developing APIs using:
- NET CORE (C#)
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Good knowledge and command of third-party integrations with RESTful API’s
- Good at RDBMS concepts and related skills
- Strong Experience in DevOps (CI/CD) with knowledge of AWS or GCP
- Experience in working with geographically distributed Agile teams preferred
- Agile / Scrum experience
Salary Range: GHC 3000 - 4000
Location: Cowtribe HQ Pong-Tamale. Northern Region