Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily cash position of store
- Integrate point of sale system end of day reports into the General Ledger
- Review daily sales activity.
- Research and fix anomalies
- Accounts Payable including 3-way match, entering, and payment of invoices according to terms
- File and pay sales and use tax.
- Monitor sales tax rates in point of sale system.
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Account Reconciliations
- Month end and Annual Close
- Preparation of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet
- Variance analysis of financial results
- Create ad hoc financial reports to evaluate financial metrics
- Preparation of an annual plan for the store
- Facilitate year-end annual inventory count of the store
- Support external accounting firm during the preparation of income tax returns
- Maintain point of sale system updates
Skills and Traits: Skills required to be successful in this position include: ability to work independently, meticulous attention to detail, time management, work prioritization, and ability to meet deadlines.