A cassava and pineapple farm requires a farm manager responsible for:
- Ensuring the general cleanliness of the farm environment
- Set up weekly scheduled tasks aside routing tasks such as pruning and spraying schedules etc
- Sending daily records of: spraying and pruning sessions, crop mortality and any other information necessary for the operational efficiency of the farm
- Monitor health conditions of the crops and crop doctor's veterinary advice when necessary.
- Will be responsible for employing, supervising and training of farm hands to ensure work is done professionally and efficiently
- Daily checks of the crops, monitor their conditions and crop doctor's consultations when necessary
- Identify ways to improve efficiency in the job performance of all Production personnel by keeping their productivity at the highest possible level
- To act in a managerial capacity to oversee the smooth running of operations
- Liaise with administrator and daily supply of harvest to customers
- Ensure workers get the best of working conditions
- Monitor and check ongoing work on the farm and report progress accordingly.
- Ensure biosecurity is NEVER compromised for any reason.
- Walk through the farm at the least convenience to check on the general health conditions of the crops and to ensure that the farm is in good conditions .
- Adopt appropriate integrated biosecurity and disease control measures to minimize the incidence of crop mortality .
- Ensure that sick crops are promptly removed.
- Prepare spraying schedules and implement the schedule for the crops
- Ensuring that the farm has ready access to water and has appropriate environment; free from diseases, provided with proper facilities.
- Ensure all visitors and workers are prohibited from bringing friends or family to the farm area.
- Ensure all visitors are required to use and wear appropriate uniforms before entering the farm.
- Ensure all employees at all times wear appropriate uniforms and footwear before entering the farm. Anytime an employee goes out to run errands, the employee must thoroughly disinfect him/herself and change street clothes to farm uniforms before entering farm.
- A breach of common sense which leads any misfunction will not be tolerated.
Required Skills and Expectations:
- Will be required to live on the farm with 14-21 days leave annually. Leave will be taken all at time.
- Farm is located at Ayesuduro- Elimina.
- A minimum of a polytechnic HND, Degree, Masters in any discipline.
- Knowledge and Experience with running/managing a medium to large scale cassava and pineapple farm is a great advantage.
- Proficiency and experience in the administration of medications for crops.
- Proficient in the use of communication applications, such as Excel, WhatsApp.
- Ability to take a strictly business view of the operation of the farm.
- Self-motivated and ability to work individually and supervise others.
- Must be a good record keeper.
- Ability to speak and write good English.
Salary: Minimum Gh 2,000 monthly.
Admin Office Location: Adjringanor- East Legon, Accra
Interested persons should call 0201868892.