- Plan, budget and implement fish cage farming activities in alignment with other activities of the organization.
- Construct and set up fish cages in partnered communities.
- Procure, transport and stock fingerlings into fish cages.
- Manage the feeding, health and good growth of fish.
- Carry out and supervise repairs of fish cages with the support of other team members.
- Carry out harvest and sales of fish with the support of partnered community members and other members of the organization.
- Ensure maximum profits from the fish cage project.
- Train partnered community members on the entire fish cage farming process.
- Improve the fish cage farming process and encourage community ownership.
- Maintain a good interpersonal relationship with all partnered communities.
- Represent the organization in Aquaculture related partnerships, meetings and training.
- Maintain proper records of fish cage materials, all activities and expenses.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to the organization's tilapia fish hatchery project.
- Take part in any other activities of the organization when required.
Qualifications / Requiremnts:
- A Diploma or Degree in Fisheries or a related course.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Tilapia fish cage farming.
- Very good communication skills and fluency in Twi and/or Ewe Language are preferred.
- Good record-keeping and data entry skills; knowledge of Google forms, sheets and docs is preferred.
- Knowledge of fish hatchery process is an asset.
- Ability and willingness to live and work in remote areas and on Lake Volta.
- Good budgeting, interpersonal, teamwork and supervision skills.