- Supervise the Quality Control functions/activities of the Laboratory, including Quality control inspection and collecting of quality control records
- Responsible for the investigation and implementation of new laboratory technology in conjunction with the General Manager and Quality Coordinator
- Provision of training and technical assistance on all analytical techniques
- Responsible for ensuring adequate preparation for external audits and duly represent the company on such exercises
- Assist with internal audits
- Active participation in implementation and maintenance of ISO 17025:2005 standards
- Review and approve laboratory procedures as required
- Manage the process of customer query reception, complaint follow ups, CARs and ensuring effective and timeous close out of CARs
- Follow and ensure that technical procedures are adhered to always per ISO17025:2005 standards
- Supervision, verification or preparation of calibration standards for use in the laboratory.
- Ensure that analyses are done according to documented procedures
- Assist in planning staffing of sections and shifts in line with production requirements
- Responsible for ensuring adequate preparation for external audits and also duly represent the company on such exercises.
- Running independent analytical checks to ensure implemented operational controls are in place and are effective
- Compile monthly QC reports with recommendations
- Assist with technical client liaison as required and NPS calls
- Assist with validation of new methods, preparation, and verification of calibration standards
- Any other duties as directed by senior management
- Formal Science qualifications (BSc Chemistry/Mineral Engineering) are desirable
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in minerals laboratories / a QAQC role is desirable
- Above-average organizational and communication skills
- High level of computer literacy and familiarization with Microsoft office software and LIMS systems.
- Good understanding of analytical procedures.