A multi-national Aquaculture Venture requires the services of a Farm Team Lead to support the CEO to perform day to day operations.
The Team Lead should possess at least two years of fish farming experience, with a sound understanding of the aquaculture value chain essentially, hatchery to grow out.
The Team Lead should be highly motivated with good communication and planning skills, as well as adequate IT skills. There is significant responsibility attached to this position and He/she is generally required to be flexible in terms of the total hours worked to meet the demands of the role and organization. The candidate should be a goal getter and should be able to work under occasional strenuous conditions.
- Plan and attain annual production targets for grow-out and fingerling production on the farm.
- Managing of Farmhands.
- Ensure that the farm operates on a sustainable and profitable basis.
- Set up a data storage and retrieval system that ensures that data on the operation of a fish farm is readily available for analysis and preparation of reports
- Prepare input for the Executive Team to develop market for tilapia produced by the Farm
- Planning (computing) and implementing feeding regimes.
- Monitoring the health of the fish and treating them when appropriate.
- Produce fingerlings for use by the project and for sale to other farms.
- Ensure proper husbandry practices such as feeding, grading, harvesting, net changing, boat handling and other general farm maintenance tasks.
- Ensure quality fingerlings are selected for grow out.
- Prepare periodic progress and management reports for the Executive Team
- Ensure that the effluents, operations and other activities on the farm do no endanger the environment
- Planning breeding programs and growing schedules to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Adhering to environmentally friendly standards.
- Ensure good health and safety practices on site
- Ensure applicable Regulations, legislations and company manuals are adhered to.
- Implement proper water management techniques.
- Ensure training of site team and updating them on new technologies as they are developed.
- Plan and implement measures to avoid fish losses.
- Keep and maintain proper farm records.
- Undertake research and Development as approved by Company management.
- Implement the company’s innovation strategies
- Ensure biosecurity measures are adhered to at the farm
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must possess the following:
- Must have a minimum of first degree or equivalent in Aquaculture or related field from a recognized University.
- At least 2-5years practical verifiable work experience in tilapia farming in a tropical region.
- Good knowledge of financial and administrative procedures, as well as adequate skills in aquaculture data management and analysis, will be an advantage.
Salary: Gh 2000
Location: Eastern Region, Asesewa
Qualified applicants should send CV's to email@example.com
Only suitable applicants will be contacted
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.