- Ensuring the general cleanliness of the farm including the pen and environment
- Set up weekly scheduled tasks aside routine tasks such as feeding etc
- Sending daily records of: feed intake, mortality, administration of medications, vaccinations, weight, and any other information necessary for the operational efficiency of the farm
- Monitor the health conditions of the pigs and seek veterinary advice when necessary.
- Advice on feed: Purchase, storage, feeding pattern as the best and most efficient cost
- Will be responsible for employing, supervising and training of farmhands to ensure work is done professionally and efficiently
- Daily checks of the pigs monitor their conditions and vet consultations when necessary
- Identify ways to improve efficiency in the job performance of all Production personnel by keeping their productivity at the highest possible level
- To act in a managerial capacity to oversee the smooth running of operations
- Liaise with to customers for the sale of pigs
- Ensure workers get the best of working conditions
- Monitor and check ongoing work on the farm and report progress accordingly.
- Ensure biosecurity is NEVER compromised for any reason.
- Walkthrough the pen at the least convenience to check on the general health conditions of the pigs and to ensure that pen conditions temperature and ventilation are being maintained
- Ensure that faecal and feed waste and properly handled
- Adopt appropriate integrated biosecurity and disease control measures to minimize the incidence of mortality is virtually zero.
- Ensure that sick animals are promptly removed and placed in quarantine and are given the proper medication and treatment to nurse them back to health.
- Prepare vaccination schedules and implement the schedule for the pigs
- Ensuring pigs have ready access to water; has appropriate environment; free from pain, injury, diseases; provided with proper facilities; also a diet to maintain full health.
- Ensure all visitors and workers are prohibited from bringing friends or family close to farm
- Ensure all employees at all times wear appropriate uniforms and footwear before entering the pen.
- Anytime an employee goes out to run errands, the employee must thoroughly disinfect him/herself and change street clothes to farm uniforms before entering pen.
- Minimum a polytechnic HND, Degree in any discipline, experience in piggery management is key.
- Knowledge and Experience with running/managing a medium to large-scale livestock and crop farm is a great advantage.
- Will be required to live on the farm with 14-21 days leave annually. Leave will be taken all at time.
- Will be responsible for crop production, ploughing, planting, fertilizer application
Salary: GHc1,000 and Incentives