Wasatch Farms Limited is looking for highly talented individual as a Farm Associate to join our organization and help accelerate our business achieve its goal of serving every household globally with chicken product. This is an excellent opportunity to join Wasatch’s world class team, working with some of the best and brightest personnel while also using and expanding your managerial skills. We are seeking highly motivated individuals that possess a unique balance of technical skills.
Wasatch Farms is seeking an innovative, Farm Associate to help build an exciting new business. The Farm Associate role will be responsible for helping in the designing, building, and evolving the operational framework, and will own products and operations for the entire organization. To be successful in this role you will need a proven background on building highly scalable and innovative operational procedures, tools and processes, solid business judgment, great communication skills, and the ability to achieve results in an agile and quickly evolving environment.
Farm Associate is responsible for rearing farm animals, maximizing total yield and managing farm equipment supply. They have to provide both technical and practical assistance regarding rearing farm animals to their superiors.
In this role, you will:
- Performs any combinations of following duties concerned with raising poultry for eggs and meat.
- Removes chicks from shipping cartons and places them in brooder houses.
- Cleans and fills feeders and water containers.
- Sprays poultry houses with disinfectants and vaccines.
- Inspects poultry for diseases and removes weak, ill, and dead poultry from flock.
- Collects eggs from trap nests, releases hens from nests, and records number of eggs laid by each hen.
- Packs eggs in cases or cartons; selects, weighs, and crates fryers and pullets; and records totals packed or crated on shipping or storage document.
- Maintains feeding and breeding reports.
- Monitors feed, water, illumination, and ventilation systems; and cleans, adjusts, lubricates, and replaces systems parts, using hand tools.
- May cut off tips of beaks.
- Any other duty as assigned by leadership in line with technical competence.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect team members and management alike to take high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. Beyond a strong desire to learn, strong decision-making skills, open mindedness, and leadership skills, a successful candidate will have experience successfully leading teams, developing people, and building a scalable infrastructure. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and a person that dives below the surface to identify the root cause and “so what” rather than just superficial trends.
- HND in a technically relevant field
- Less than 1 year of poultry experience with Internet business experience
- Demonstrated writing skills at a level suitable for presentation to senior executives
- Computer literacy with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple sub-projects simultaneously in order pull together a single vision.
- Meets/exceeds Wasatch’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role