At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 350+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, and Ethiopia).
The specific responsibilities include:
- “Get the sale” using various customer business-to-business sales methods (facility visits, professional business presentations, etc)
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders and establish new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models, and evaluate their effectiveness
- Focus sales efforts by studying the existing and potential volume of pharmaceutical dealers.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, new and existing products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommend changes in products, services, and policies by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Evaluate customers skills, needs and build productive long-lasting relationships
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Research accounts and generates or follow through sales leads
- Attend meetings, sales events, and training to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Report and provide feedback to management using financial statistical data
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Proven business-to-business sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- The enthusiasm to work with an early-stage start-up, commitment to helping us grow, and passion for healthcare in Africa
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- The ability to thrive in a matrix environment requires working with multiple teams internally (this role will liaise with our Technical and Supply Chain teams)
- Experience in managing/leading teams is an advantage
- The ability to be based in Kenya with frequent travel within the assigned region
- 5+ years experience in Sales and Marketing in the health care sector
- Bachelors’ degree in Pharmacy preferred (Not a must)
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Strong healthcare background preferred
Salary: Attractive Salary & Bonus Opportunity