At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 350+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, and Ethiopia).
The specific responsibilities include:
- Deliver agreed on organic revenue targets
- Provide valuable consumption insights to Supply Chain for monthly planning sessions
- Own and lead multiple customer accounts and manage relationships utilizing project management best practices
- Aggressively follow up with facilities on finalized bills and ensure collections are achieved in line with credit terms
- Know the company's product portfolio and provide existing customers with technical and product support
- Deliver solutions to potential operational issues such as billing and delays in the delivery of drugs.
- Enlist constant feedback from clients, competition and communicate the same to the team.
- “Get the sale” using various customer business-to-business sales methods
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders and establish new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models, and evaluate their effectiveness
- Focus sales efforts by studying the existing and potential volume of pharmaceutical dealers.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, new and existing products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- 5+ years experience in the health domain either working with multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinician settings, or other healthcare services
- Experience writing and submitting pharmaceutical tenders
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for mPharma’s mission to increase the accessibility and affordability of high-quality medicines
- Thrives on achieving success in a target driven environment
- Experience in managing and leading teams to success
- A strong work ethic and a proactive “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision
- Fluent English with excellent writing, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills to network with new people and develop business relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience working in a multinational company is an advantage.
- A self-starter who can multitask while consistently producing high-quality deliverables for a diverse set of concurrent initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, and marketing
- Understanding Supply Chain and inventory management practices and procedures is an advantage
- Healthcare background preferred
- Fluent oral and written English
Salary: Attractive Salary & Bonus Opportunity