Global Action for Women Empowerment (GLOWA), a local non-governmental and non-profit making organization requires the services of a website developer to create an official website for the organization. This is to enhance the visibility of the organization to her current and prospective clients (key stakeholders, partners, donors and target beneficiaries). It is also to facilitate easy accessibility and flow of information about the organization to her clients. As a non-profit organization, the website is to establish a good brand image, showcase our work and success story, encourage donations and supports, build a community and connect like-minded people and reach out to our target beneficiaries. This is in line with the organization’s policy and procedures on communication.
Background Information about GLOWA:
Global Action for Women Empowerment (GLOWA) is a local non-governmental, non-partisan and non-profit making organization formed in June 1999 in response to the health and
socio–political and economic challenges of women, girls, persons with disabilities, youth and children in Ghana. GLOWA was officially registered with the Registrar General’s Department on 6 th January 2000 with registration No. G5,466. Our new re-registration number is CG159602015 and Tax Identification Number (TIN) is C0004987608. Our Certificate of
Recognition with Department of Social Welfare number is 1836.
Office Location and Address: GLOWA is headquartered in the city of Ho in the Volta Region of Ghana. The head office is located in South Lokoe, from Catholic Secretariat junction,
Diamond Street, opposite Volta Advertising and Printing Press, House No. 3b. Our office digital address is VH-0145-5106 with telephone number 0362194657.
Vision: GLOWA’s vision is to see a society where women and their dependants (girls, children, PWDs and youth) are healthy, well informed and participate equally in the socio-economic and political development of their society.
Mission: GLOWA in her quest to create an equitable and just environment exist to undertake development programmes and projects that lead to improve the health and socio-economic status of women, girls, children, youth, PWDs and other vulnerable groups in the Ghanaian society.
GLOWA is engaged in health and reproductive health education/advocacy/accountability programs aimed at reducing maternal and child mortality rates and combat childhood killers
diseases in communities; advocating for women empowerment, increased participation/inclusion of women and hard-to-reach communities in local governance and politics within the framework of popular participation of citizens; demand for information, transparency and accountability response from duty bearers; Respect and protection of human/women’s rights especially fighting
gender based violence and gender inequalities; building the capacity and talents of women, youth and PWDs in skills acquisition, group dynamics, income generation opportunities to reduce
poverty and hunger; promoting civil peace to ensure peaceful co-existence of men and women, youth, boys and girls; and mitigating Climate Change impact on women and communities in
The applicants must have the following qualifications, competencies and experience
- Registrar General certificates (Incorporations & to Commence Business)
- Profile of individual/organization indicating related achievements
- Bachelor degree in Web Development or related field, or relevant experience
- Skilled in Graphic Design and computer programmes
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications
- Proficient in My SQL
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology
- Ability to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them
- High degree of independent judgement
- VAT registration certificate and Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Previous experience in creating websites for NGOs (advantage)
- Official Proforma Invoice for the job
The Web Developer will:
- Design, build and maintain website and software applications
- Support the organization to direct or perform website updates
- Use scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media
- Design, code and modify website (from layout to function) according to the organization’s specification
- Create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation (excellent choice and placement of images, colour scheme bright and welcoming)
- Determine user needs by analysing technical requirements
- Identify problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correct or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction
- Link the webpage to the organization’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and WhatsApp)
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry’s standards, is valid, properly structured and compatible with browsers, devices or operating systems
- Back up files from websites to local directories for recovery
- Train personnel of the organisation to effectively manage the website in the long term
How to apply
Qualified and interested consultants should submit applications with all relevant supporting documents to GLOWA via email@example.com not later than 12th June 2020.
Your application should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Global Action for Women Empowerment
P.O. Box HP 1124,
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.