1) Execute radio craft responsibilities for Farm Radio International.
- Under the supervision of the Radio Officer, ensure that all Radio-Craft components of the projects are delivered effectively and to the highest standards.
- Ensure that all radio episodes broadcast by the selected Radio station in your region are uploaded to Uliza Log within one week of broadcasting
- Using Uliza Log and to monitor and evaluate all episodes broadcast by the Radio station located in your region to ensure they are in-line with FRI VOICE quality standards, FRI Good, Better, Best (GBB) evaluation criteria, and program design documents
- In collaboration with the Radio Officer and on weekly basis, ensure that all weekly episodes are aired according to the program outline
- The Volunteer is to call each radio station at least one hour in advance of the scheduled broadcasting time to ensure that arrangements are made for resource persons and gender consideration is confirmed.
Alert the Radio Officer of any issue in program quality including but not limited to:
- Power outages, poor signal, or other technical issues
- Changes to or omission of agreed-upon content as set out in the program design document
- Comments which are against FRI policies (such as the Gender Equality policy)
- Failure of the radio station to meet FRI Good, Better, Best (GBB) evaluation criteria and/or FRI VOICE quality standards, including the respect and promotion of gender equality
- Failure to acknowledge funders, in a given episode
- Following the guidance of and in collaboration with the Radio Officer, offer support, and follow up, in-person or remotely, to selected Radio stations as necessary.
- Verification of issues at the radio stations such as break downs, power outages, etc.) and communication of said issues to the Radio Officer to achieve resolution
- Supporting broadcasters’ use of Uliza Log
- Providing relevant FRI resources from scripts.farmradio.fm to broadcasters to support the production of all Program episodes and/or help orient broadcasters on the usage and navigation of scripts.farmrafio.fm
- Provide regular updates to the Radio Officer as requested and/or appropriate
2) Support project coordination activities for the RAISE (AGRA) project
- Monitoring, learning, evaluation, and reporting
- Support regular reporting processes are undertaken by the Project Officer
- Take pictures of project processes and results for use in reports and communications
- Collaborate with the FRI communication team to document project impact/success stories to be shared online and in regular reporting processes
- Support the Radio Craft Officer as requested in the coordination, execution, and logistics of field visits to the region
- Support the Radio Craft Officer as requested in the coordination, execution, and logistics of in-station training for the selected radio station :
3) Undergo orientation processes
- Be available for orientation processes in April
- Be available to begin the role immediately thereafter
Qualification and Requirements:
- The minimum academic qualification is at least Diploma or first Degree
- 1+ year experience in radio and/or communication for development programming
- Experience in quality assurance, monitoring, and evaluation
- Knowledge and experience in gender equality and women’s rights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English relevant local language
- Knowledge of information Communication Technology (ICT)
Must be able to speak the following languages:
- Northern Region (English and Dagbani)
- Upper West Region (English, Wali/Dagaari and Sissali
- Upper East (English, Bisa and Kusaal)
- Savannah Region (English, Gonja and Lekpakpa)
- North East (Manpruli)
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to: (email@example.com),
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.