Job Responsibilities includes but not limited to;
- Splicing of raw film footage together from various sources and shoots, and combine it with other scenes to create a cohesive story
- Evaluating edited footage to make sure it matches the story from the script and meets the narrative agenda of the producer and director of the video
- Editing footage into timelines and cut time out of certain shots to create a more impactful story for the audience
- Combining visual footage with audio sound effects, dialogue, ambient sound and a musical soundtrack to create more drama in the story
- Using computer editing software programs, video switching devices, digital video effects programs and other tools to piece together video components
- Ensuring all editing cuts, splices, changes and additions appear seamless and natural and help the story flow more effectively in the finished product
- Creating sound effects by recording specific audio clips or choose audio effects from a database of sounds to include in the final film
- Discussing project timeline, narrative structure, story goals and more with the director and any producers as the project is edited
- Certification in Adobe Premiere
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.
- Creative and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects.
- Portfolio of completed film productions.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.