- Operation of ultrasound equipment in order to capture images that describe the composition, shape and motion of tissues, organs and liquid buildup.
- Analysis of the captured images, finding out variations between healthy and imperfect areas including in the report to be forwarded to the physician
- Summarize the technical inferences and forward to the physician for diagnosis
- Making sure that the image produced by the equipment is clear for the diagnosis. Else making adjustments of the equipment to get better images.
- Helping patients prepare for the procedure. Explaining the process, helping them to move to the table, preparing the skin surface by application of gel before using the equipment.
- Communicating effectively with the patient and maintaining his/her comfort level during the examination
- Maintaining the records of patients for future reference
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Diploma Qualification
- 1 - 3 years working experience in related field
- Ultrasonologist or Ultrasonographer with excellent skill in identification and interpretation of pathologies on ultrasound.
- Must be able do perform Obstetrics, Gynaecological, Abdominal, Prostate and Breast Scans.