Combine your Linux support and software engineering skills, passion for technology, and your general knowledge of the full stack, from hardware to application, networking, Linux and open source, to help customers get the most Ubuntu. Our team provides exceptional technical support and engineering solutions to help customers with everything open source on Ubuntu Server and Desktop.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Apply your knowledge of Linux desktop, applications, authentication and security
- Demonstrate your knowledge of TCP/IP and wired & wireless networking on Ubuntu Desktop and Ubuntu Server
- Act as the technical authority and utilise your experience with popular open source software
- Provide advice on deployed architecture, implementing solutions for complex problems
- Debug Ubuntu Desktop issues and contribute code to help fix them
- Communicate regularly with the customer team about ongoing issues
The successful Desktop Support Engineer will have:
- Open source experience
- Experience with Linux desktop (preferably Ubuntu or other Debian-based distros)
- Familiarity with PC and/or laptop hardware as well as SBCs e.g. Raspberry Pi
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Excellent communication skills and experience in customer-facing positions
- Ability to travel
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.