The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting potential clients to complete travel documentation by ensuring that all requirements are met with the ultimate aim of attaining a travel visa.
The goal is to enhance client satisfaction, increase clients’ chances of acquiring travel visas, and acquire an expanding and dedicated clientele.
- Introduce clients to travel visa application requirements and the processes involved.
Determine clients’ needs and offer advice on their chances of acquiring a travel visa.
Handhold potential travellers on how to complete travel documentation appropriately.
Communicate travel information clearly and accurately.
Help clients to plan and prepare for travel visa interviews.
Serve as a point of contact for clients’ travel problems and enquiries.
Supply travellers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday materials (guides, maps, event programs, etc).
Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services by liaising with travel agencies with positive track records.
Create and update electronic records of clients.
Manage and record financial statements and documents.
Maintain relationships with key persons in the travel industry.
Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports on activities at the Travel Advisory and on tasks assigned.
- Proven work experience as a travel agent, preferably in a travel visa processing centre.
- Sound knowledge of international travel requirements for travel visa applications.
- Degree in hospitality, travel, tourism, business or relevant field preferred.
- Ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively.
- Exemplary sales skills and customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent knowledge of travelling software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel).
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of any local or foreign language(s) is an advantage.
- Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual, etc).
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrable ability to handle crises.
- Candidates with personal international travel experience will be preferred.