Essential Job Functions:
All Divers undertaking Diving Operations should be competent and familiar with their specific tasks, i.e. Tending, Boat Handling and Rigging, etc. and as a minimum are responsible for, & Being familiar where applicable with:
- Adhering to Health and Safety at Work Act (UK).
- Adhering to Aquatec Marine Services Diving Manuals, Procedures and Guidance.
- Adhering to Relevant regional regulations and industry ‘best practice’.
- Understanding all inherent hazards associated with Diving Operations.
- Maintaining an up to date Dive Log Book which must be countersigned and officially stamped by the Diving Supervisor after each dive.
- Undertaking their work in a safe and professional manner in accordance with the company and Client requirements.
- Applying due care when handling and using their equipment and reporting any defects to the Diving Supervisor
- Ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others taking part in the Diving Operation.
- Ensuring that Diver worn equipment is properly maintained, complete, and ready for use.
- No action on his part should jeopardize either his own safety or that of those personnel associated with his work
- Assisting in the maintenance and repair of all Diving Equipment (as required).
- Immediately obey all commands or signals to return to the surface or Deployment Device.
- Acting as a Standby Diver when required.
- Assisting in the training of new personnel.
Qualification for Trainee Diver (Male or Female):
- HND degree from any Technical School in Mechanical Engineering (welding and fabrication) Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Plumbing, Scaffolder or Steel Erector.
- Any other Professional Skills considered such as Nursing, etc.
Language Requirement: Professional command on the English Language is a minimum requirement.
- Ability to swim 100 meters effortlessly
- Ability to hold breadth and dive down 8 feet.
- Good technical and communication skills (written and oral).
- High attention to details and adhering to instructions.