Westwind Energy is a social enterprise based in Sierra Leone. We have been manufacturing and distributing improved energy efficient cookstoves under the Wonder Stoves brand name since 1990. We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to organise and oversee the manufacturing of goods. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output. We expect you to have deep know-how in production procedures. Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day. The goal is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to streamline factory operations.
- Screen, recruit, and train production workers.
- Ensure that factory machinery is always maintained and in good working order.
- Analysing production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Prepare daily/weekly/Monthly production reports.
- Inspect finished products to establish quality and standards are met.
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance and general issues.
- Ensure good and clear communication is given to supervisors and team leads.
- Ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to and all matters relating to this are dealt with accordingly.
- Ensure that stock levels are maintained always.
- Liaise with team supervisors daily to give performance reports and general observations in terms of production.
- Setting up/fabrication of machines and equipment.
- Interpret welding process specifications.
- Liaise with other managers/supervisors to formulate objectives and understand requirements.
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets.
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines.
- Monitor production to resolve issues.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (the quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Determine quantity of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Ensure output meets quality standards.
- Enforce health and safety precautions.
- Comprehend Technical Drawings and Other Visual Instructions
- Must have knowledge of operating a CNC plasma cutter
- Safety Regulations and Procedures
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Minimum 3 years prior experience with production as a manager
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Contract Type – Permanent
Salary - $500 + Accommodation + Flight
Send CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.