Our team is looking for a technical product enthusiast who will help us take Aiven’s Stream Processing framework to the next level and power the new generation of mission-critical workloads. Aiven’s Real-time Data Processing is based on several related services - at the heart we are powered by Apache Flink, on top we have a self-service user experience which is supplemented by a number connectors to make the platform as usable and flexible as possible. In this role, you will be accountable for the quality, adoption and evolution of the services within this domain. Real-time processing requires substantial investments not only in maintaining the underlying infrastructure but also in writing the stream processing applications, at Aiven we do the heavy-lifting, so that our clients don’t. We enable businesses to focus on what matters most - data, while not worrying about getting locked down - we will always be open-source first. This is a full-time, permanent role and you can work from almost anywhere in EU or close to central European timezone (it could be fully-remote or hybrid depending on your situation).
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
In this exciting context, you will:
- Own Aiven’s Stream Processing framework based on Apache Flink as well as its related backlog end to end.
- Work with our engineering team to develop and improve Aiven’s real-time processing engine, Apache Flink, and make our Stream Processing domain the de-facto open-source leader in the industry.
- Develop, maintain and own the long-term roadmap for Stream Processing and the related components of its ecosystem.
- Lead the refinement, planning and development of all new features within the Stream Processing domain.
- Partner with colleagues across the Product, Solution Architecture, Customer Success and Marketing teams to understand better our customer needs and act on them.
- Bring empathy for our highly technical customers while enjoying working directly with engineers to solve some of the toughest problems in the industry
- Become the driving force of empowerment for team-level decision making in day-to-day product improvements & bug fixes while maintaining the operability of our platform.
- Recognize, generate and propose business cases for product extensions and enhancements taking into account the additional development capacity and investment needed to make it a reality.)
- Act as the business advocate responsible for interpreting market trends, generating customer feedback, identifying growth opportunities, idea generation while communicating back to the area and team.
- 5+ years experience building technology-powered B2B products - data platforms, analytics products, API frameworks or similar. Familiarity with the SaaS business model, ideally for mission-critical applications.
- 2+ years of experience as a product manager/product owner for B2B products.
- Hands-on experience with modern product discovery techniques to deeply understand real user problems while validating the best possible solutions.
- Good grasp of modern cloud infrastructure and the underlying driving forces of the industry.
- Hands-on experience with data-intensive products is a big bonus.
- Embraces the agile mindset and is proficient in SCRUM, but understands there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to the development lifecycle.
- Previous experience as data scientist/engineer/data analyst or user researcher nice to have.
- Knowledge of one or more open-source, data-intensive distributed services i.e. Kafka, Flink, Cassandra, etc.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.