Palladium is seeking a Private Sector Engagement Expert for a potential upcoming USAID Resilience in Northern Ghana (RING) II project. Under this work, the activity will identify and strengthen non-governmental, civil society, and private sector entities to expand their offerings and complement government efforts to strengthen nutrition and resilience.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
In alignment and partnership with target districts, local partners will implement interventions that encourage individuals and households to practice health, nutrition, WASH, and care practices, with a particular focus on young children and women of reproductive age. Interventions will promote improved and diverse livelihoods, food security, and the use of social safety nets to enable sustained household resilience of an estimated 85,000 people in the 17 target districts. This activity will contribute to USAID’s intermediate result “3.1.3: Private sector invests in low-cost quality services.”
The Ghana Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Technical Lead will lead the PSE work of the anticipated RING II activity, and provide overall leadership, management, and technical expertise to contribute to the achievement of activity indicators.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Exact responsibilities will vary depending on the content of the RING II proposal, however some illustrative responsibilities are outlined below:
- Engages with private sector health actors to understand challenges faced in investing in providing low-cost quality services.
- Designs models for increased service delivery, including using public-private partnerships and examining financing opportunities.
- Leads planning, development, and implementation of private sector health activities, including management of staff, budget, reporting requirements, and products.
- Prepares presentations, manuscripts, reports, and briefs for internal and/or client use.
- Supports capacity building and knowledge sharing within the team on private sector engagement and investments in health.
- Represents the project/program in specific technical meetings and fora, including coordination meetings with partners, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary by the Chief of Party.
- Extensive progressive experience in roles related to private sector health, public-private partnerships, and private investments in health in Ghana.
- A demonstrated understanding of the commercial sector in the Ghanaian context, including private hospital and clinic networks, healthcare manufacturers, and health insurance, among others.
- Experience working with/ for commercial companies and/ or investors highly desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Prior experience working with USAID-funded programs is not required but will be an added advantage
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.