- Provide technical leadership and coordination of all the institute’s programmes/projects and ensure quality control of all services provided to clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Allocate, coordinate, review and supervise the work of Improvement, Clinical, Technical Advisors and faculty to ensure quality delivery of technical services.
- Lead engagements with new clients to define project design, parameters and human resource requirements, for timely effective programme execution.
- Track and evaluate the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of services to partners, clients and stakeholders.
- As and when required, provide expert level improvement science and M&E support to partners and clients
- Support the Executive Director by providing timely systematic support in new business exploration, proposal development, negotiation and contracting.
- Support the Executive Director track all new business processes, measurement, standard work documentation and prioritization and lead programme start-up/resourcing
Human Resource and Operations
- Manage the human resourcing of current projects including troubleshooting difficult situations to ensure an effective quality control process and improvement of services
- Lead recruitment, supervise all technical staff and faculty and manage their performance
- Support institutional operations management and partner reporting compliance and lead organizational development,
- Perform other duties as required by the Executive Director
- At least an advanced degree in Science, Medicine, Public Health or Social Science related field
- Certified and practising Improvement Advisor and/or Health Administration and Management of not less than six years
- Project Management certification or post-graduate qualification in management or a related area
- Practical knowledge of the principles and foundations of healthcare quality management in Low and Middle Income Country (LMIC) settings
- Knowledge and practical experience in QI science, Health facility accreditation and patient safety
- Health/healthcare consulting experience in Africa in not less than two countries and working knowledge in health systems strengthening and Quality of Care (QoC) in LMIC settings
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent project management skills
- Creative, self-starter with proven analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines. Must be flexible and demonstrate adaptability to new situations
- Proficiency in QI Charts, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and other training and communication platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx etc
- Demonstrated ability to lead development and implementation of multiple initiatives designed to achieve common goals
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment, and work with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds, experiences and cultures
- Research and analysis skills necessary to prepare own work and evaluate the research/technical writings of others.
- A high degree of professionalism, commitment, initiative and flexibility
- Demonstrated awareness and value of cultural competence
- Be committed to equity, ensuring that people’s human rights are respected regardless of their age, gender, disability, race, religion or others.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.