The primary responsibility of the role will be to configure, install, and support the organization’s and Clients local area network (LAN), WiFi, printers, Windows workstations, and Windows servers. Install and support business applications throughout the Windows network. The position will also contribute to software development projects throughout the company, support engineer for all hardware needs assigned.
- Windows network and workstation setup, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support
- Network troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Support Windows workstations for staff
- Troubleshoot vendor applications on-site and remote.
- Work with application vendors to resolve issues
- Work with existing network and support vendors
- Order, assemble, configure, and install software on new machines
- Picking and ordering replacement hardware
- Perform self-directed activities to support completion of individual and team goals.
- Participate in Technology Department team meetings and other meetings and projects as needed.
- Other duties, reports and specialized projects as needed.
Work Experience and Abilities Requirements:
- Understanding of security best practices
- With some oversight, demonstrate ability to interpret and solve tactical problems, resolving problems and issues from experience or using a variety of resources
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills - ability to write technical documentation
- Ability to present complex data in an understandable and relevant manner
- Organized, detail oriented and ability to concentrate on fine detail with interruptions
- Thrive in a self-directed/motivated entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability for planning, organizing and managing projects to meet deadlines
Additional skills of interest:
- MSSQL database administration
- Network hardware configuration and troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of how DNS / WINS works
Education, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- A Diploma/Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related field; or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
- Strong Knowledge of system networks required.