- Supervising workers, subcontractors, and work activities.
- Auditing of fieldwork activities by subcontractors, performance or oversight of specific inspections and tests, and audit report preparation.
- Conducts or oversees materials testing and analysis, using tools and equipment and applying technical knowledge necessary to conduct tests.
- Prepares reports detailing tests conducted and results.
- Based on test results may recommend changes in materials or procedures.
- Proactively reviews contractor works to ensure the materials and procedures will pass quality testing, comply with the technical specifications and meet the requirements of the owner.
- Preparing and presenting site inductions, safety briefings, and toolbox talks.
- Assessing and managing safety hazards.
- Ensuring appropriate site rules and welfare facilities are in place.
- Carrying out regular inspections.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Substation project site supervisors should have 5 years of relevant experience in substation equipment installation or substation civil engineering or substation power line work,
- Must have appropriate health and safety training.