The eligible candidate will teach students to program and build structurally sound robots Teach students the principles of Robotics including the functions of power sources, sensors, motors, and structural members of a robot. Document students' individual and group progress throughout the program.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
B A S I C S International is a registered NGO ( Non Governmental Organization) in Ghana, West Africa. A global community based intervention program, promoting literacy, economic empowerment, health, wellness, and social inclusion. Providing BASIC tools for self sustainability.
BASICS International does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion. ALL are welcome to apply and work at BASICS.
Since 2000, BASICS International has impacted over 300,000 people through community outreach, provided educational sponsorships for students from Kindergarten to University, and provided short and long term shelter to at-risk girls. BASICS has provided access to STEAM activities to over 5000 underserved students since 2004, and increased the impact to 6000 during the Covid Pandemic.
BASICS International is seeking ROBOTICS/ ENGINEERING/ Facilitators to spearhead the organizations. STEM programs that are offered in one of the most underserved communities in Accra Ghana.
We are looking for skilled and results-driven Robotics /Computer Science Teachers that are proficient in computer science, coding, and robotics. Prior experience in Primary School to High School computer science, coding, and robotics project-based learning are desirable. Assist our company in reaching specific goals to bridge the gap in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering and Math in underserved communities.
Strong communication skills and the ability to inspire students to innovate and create are essential.
Teach STEM classes where they will learn central concepts in computer programming and engineering design. In addition to
STEM-specific skills, students will also strengthen their creative problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork, and organization skills.
Document students' individual and group progress throughout the program. Support students during independent and group work time.
The eligible candidate will teach students to program and build structurally sound robots. Teach students the principles of Robotics including the functions of power sources, sensors, motors, and structural members of a robot. Document students' individual and group progress throughout the program.
STEM Teacher Responsibilities:
- STEM curricula /Planning lessons that engage students P1- JSS3 with hands-on activities and experiences
- Adopt a data-driven attitude towards measuring learner progress.
- Develop STEM learning activities and hands-on material for classes.
- Make strong recommendations to grow Stem programme
- Use learner data to constantly refine your curriculum.
- Work with children to assist with homework in all subjects.
STEM Teacher Requirements:
- Knowledge of coding
- Knowledge of STEM best practices.
- Empathy and great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience working with children. Previous experience as a STEM teacher will be advantageous.
- Maintain networks, both hardware and software.
- Provide customer and network administration services.
- Construct, edit, and test computer programs.
- Basic Script writing
- Perform installation and administration of software application products (mobile tablets/devices)
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues
- Conduct software updates and system backups for devices
How to Apply:
Send a 1 page introduction letter outlining your skills, educational background, and why you would be suitable for this position. Copy and paste the introduction letter in the body of the email
Attach your file with CV ( no more than 2 pages).
Subject: Robotics/ Engineer- YOUR NAME’
SEND to HR@BASICSINTERNATIONAL.ORG
Employment Date: 1st August 2022.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.