We are hiring a SRE Engineer (Linux Infrastructure Development Engineer)
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Job descriptionTop technical skills you need to have:
- Linux system administration — Our infrastructure consists of over 300 Bare-Metal servers in different data centers. You need In-depth knowledge of the Linux operating system and its components, including file systems, processes, network protocols, and security. This skill is essential for ensuring that the infrastructure runs smoothly and securely.
- Configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible) — Ability to use and manage configuration management tools to automate the deployment and management of software and infrastructure. This skill is important for reducing manual errors and improving the consistency of the infrastructure. We are developing our in-house solution for managing our infrastructure and have a huge Ansible codebase. 3 years of massive Ansible and bash scripting minimum is required.
- Scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python) — Ability to write and maintain scripts for automating repetitive tasks, configuring systems, and deploying applications. This skill is important for improving efficiency, reducing errors, and enabling reproducible deployments. We are developing our in-house solution for managing our infrastructure and also massively using bash and python scripting
- Linux template development and deployment — Ability to create and manage Linux templates for virtual machines or containers, and deploy them across the infrastructure. This skill is important for ensuring consistency and standardization of the infrastructure, and for enabling rapid deployment of new systems or applications.
- Containerization and virtualization (e.g., OpenVZ, OpenStack, Docker, Proxmox) — We have 5000+ containers/virtual machines.
- Infrastructure research & development — Staying up-to-date with the latest infrastructure technologies and trends enables you to design and implement innovative solutions that improve efficiency and reliability.
- Networking knowledge — Understanding networking concepts and protocols is important for designing, implementing, and troubleshooting complex network infrastructures that support application and service delivery.
- Monitoring systems — Knowledge of monitoring tools and the ability to configure, troubleshoot and optimize them to ensure high availability and performance of the infrastructure. This skill is important for detecting and responding to issues in a timely manner.
- Security best practices — Ensuring the security of infrastructure components is critical to protect sensitive data and maintaining the overall integrity of applications and services.
To excel in this role, you need to have the following personality/character traits you need to have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills — The ability to identify, analyze, and resolve complex infrastructure issues is essential for maintaining a reliable and high-performing environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration — Effective communication with team members, stakeholders, and clients is crucial for understanding requirements, sharing knowledge, and ensuring a seamless workflow.
- Time management and organization — Balancing multiple tasks, deadlines, and responsibilities is essential for an Infrastructure Engineer to stay productive and deliver projects on time.
- Adaptability and continuous learning — The tech industry evolves rapidly; being open to learning new technologies and adapting to changes ensures you stay relevant and bring innovation to your infrastructure projects.
- Mentoring — As an Infrastructure Engineer, guiding and mentoring junior team members helps foster a collaborative environment and ensures the team stays aligned with best practices and project goals.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.