1. Leads kitchen team in absence of Head Chef
2. Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
3. Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients.
4. Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
a. Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
b. Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards.
c. Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction, and manage budgetary concerns
d. Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
e. Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities.
f. Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well- managed.
g. Assists head chef with menu creation and recipes.
h. Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
Any other task that may be required by management.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience