- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Explain the ultrasound procedure to patients and answer any questions they may have.
- Maintain ultrasound equipment and sterilize the room in which the procedure takes place if need be.
- Spread the ultrasound gel on the surface of the patient’s body covering the internal area being imaged.
- Perform the ultrasound ensuring the transducer (probe) is capturing images of every angle/section that must be assessed.
- Evaluate the images for their quality.
- Present images and preliminary findings to physicians and/or the healthcare team.
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
- Determine whether scope of exam should be extended, based on findings
- Process and complete appropriate documentation.
- Observe and care for patients throughout examinations to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Provide sonogram and oral or written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis.
- Ensure all clients make payment at the cash office by inspecting their receipts before providing services.
- Accurately translating into patients’ local language, all medical advice and explanation given to patients by the Gynecologist.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a Degree is required.
- At least 1 year working experience.