Software Engineer, Python (Backend)
Engineering & Technology
We're looking for a senior backend engineer with strong software and cloud engineering skills. You'll help us build highly scalable developer-centric APIs and backend systems powered by state-of-the-art ML models
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Enjoy solving complex technical problems, even when there is no perfect solution.
- Enjoy being in a fast-paced, customer-facing role.
- Thrive in small, cross-functional teams. We like to wear many hats here!
- You're excited to tackle big technical challenges like building highly scalable architectures and achieving zero-downtime deploys
- 3+ years of working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- 2+ years working with common AWS services
- 2+ years developing REST APIs
- 2+ years of experience working with Python
- 2+ working with Python backend frameworks like Django, Flask, or Tornado
- 1+ years of production support experience
- Experience migrating systems to meet increasing traffic/scale
- Startup or FAANG-type experience - Has worked at a startup or high growth company
- Deep AWS knowledge - Has many years of experience solutioning within AWS
- Strong Python coding abilities - Can pass difficult programming challenges in a relatively short period of time. Can speak clearly about their thinking throughout these challenges. Can speak to O-notation of algorithms. Has excellent knowledge of common python idioms and libraries.
- High scalability experience - Has been a tech leader on scaling systems to hundreds of millions of requests/events per day. Has experience with hyper-observability, scaling algorithms, and using production data to drive system changes
- Amazing system design chops - When given a hard problem to solve with a new system, they can quickly shape an effective design and communicate its strengths, weaknesses, and tradeoffs.
- High-octane thinking - Engages deeply on subjects of expertise. Thinks ahead many steps and can see where decisions are likely to lead. Their brains compute at a very high level.
- Extremely creative - Can find both novel and effective solutions within highly constrained time and resources
- Fast learner - Has shown they can ramp up on difficult topics very fast
- Exceptional gut instincts - Can practically feel when something is right or wrong. Can use these instincts to quickly point themselves in the right direction.
- Opinionated - They have convictions in what they believe and can communicate their position
Nice to Have:
- Machine learning experience - Has worked with machine learning models at scale
- Experience integrating and deploying ML models into production
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.