CTED is a research center at New York University (NYU) that focuses on the development of innovative and cutting edge technologies that can significantly impact economic development with a specific focus on problems faced in under-developed areas around the world. CTED is headquartered in Abu Dhabi with branches in New York, Accra, and Kumawu in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
CTED houses several research projects, including Economic Governance, Mapping, and Land Administration; Agricultural Commodities Trading; Mobile App Development; and Cultural Heritage Projects. To learn more, please visit www.nyucted.org or www.ctedkumawu.org.
CTED seeks a committed, highly motivated Software Engineer with the proven ability to work independently and effectively in a professional environment. We are looking for a problem-solver and a strategic, creative thinker to be part of a multicultural and interdisciplinary research team. The Software Engineer will report directly to Principal Investigator (PI)/Center Director, Professor Yaw Nyarko (from New York University).
- At least 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with AWS (ElasticBeanstalk, EC2, S3, Route 53)
- Experience with Docker for containerization
- Experience with CI/CD using AWS Codepipeline
- Experience designing and building REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Flutter development
- Experience in building production-level applications with NodeJs
- Willingness to travel to work from CTED’s Research Center in Kumawu (Ashanti) periodically
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Familiarity with Matlab, Python, and Stata
- Designing and developing software architectures
- Developing, deploying, and maintaining web applications and/or Android applications
- Assist the Center Director in his Ghana-based research related to mobile applications and technology
Location: Spintex road close to Sakumono Junction
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.