Our team at Yazi Academy is responsible for developing software and services to deliver next-generation mobile application systems including machine-learning models both for internal technical communities and for the customers that are cloud-native. We are working on a cool new idea centered around building a rich media learning experience for our customers.
You would be a key engineer on the team who will:
Build cross-platform mobile apps for iOS and Android using React Native
Maintain an existing React Native codebase
Strictly follow the application UI design mockup
Deploy test, staging, and production builds for Android and iOS
Influence design and architecture by sharing your mobile application development expertise
Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs.
Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or mobile application, and serve as a technical lead on complex projects.
Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined.
Design and define the interaction between the solution components and other systems where applicable.
Build highly scalable, cloud-native applications
Knowledge with using REST APIs
Knowledge on building process in Android and iOS, with tools such as Gradle, Android Studio, and XCode
Knowledge of building native applications for Android and iOS is a plus, with tools such as Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, and Swift
Knowledge of TypeScript and Git is a plus
Basic Qualifications Required:
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Meets/exceeds Yazi’s builder fundamental requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Yazi’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role