1. High standard of Quality Workmanship and Safety on site:
- Concrete operations – ensure accurate scheduling, concrete mixtures, and technical quality.
- Assisting with construction and design issues – prepare Technical Queries
- Complete Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s) and Quality Checklists
- Ensure that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the program to proceed without delay.
- Set a high personal example of safety and environmental behaviour
- Monitor the work under your control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
2. Human Resource Management on site:
- Direct supervision, motivation and accountability of subcontractors and other workmen on the site
- Strategic control of all company labour and their productivity
- Plan and prepare works with subcontractors and other workmen on the site
3. Contract improvement actions:
- Ensure that drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works and querying unclear or missing information with the Project Manager in sufficient time to allow the program to proceed without delay.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes or variations, subcontractor’s attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client, designer and project team.
- Communicate with commercial staff to ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Advise the Project Manager of any potential commercial or contractual liabilities.
- Requisitions for materials for the site
- Ensure all delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to commercial department for processing.
- Confirm in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client, designer, and others, and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
4. Safeguard and promote company’s interest when dealing with subcontractors and suppliers:
- Attend monthly and information meetings and ensure timely request for long lead information
- Attend monthly subcontractor meetings to ensure effective interface
- Develop a deep understanding of all subcontractor’s scope of work and control their activities on site in accordance with the program and correct sequence.
5. Ensure contract program deadlines are met and exceeded where possible:
- Review construction program and plan for labour, plant and material resources in consultation with engineers.
- Communicate with subcontractors to ensure adequate work preparation and resource availability.
- Liaise with other site supervisors to achieve efficient utilization of resources on all sites (plant, labour and materials)
- Creating weekly programs of work
- Ensure that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences. Allowing time for independent checking where required.
- Assist the Project Manager as required in procuring necessary materials, subcontracts, and plant in sufficient time.
- Carry out material take-off and requisitions as requested by the Project Manager.
- Request materials required in a timely manner and maintain a register of all orders placed and confirmed.
6. Materials and storage management:
- Efficient material control and handling: Formwork design, cycle planning, ordering, and control of materials (unused materials offsite)
- Maintain records of the actual quantity of materials used on site
- Maintain a clean working area
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Building Technology or relevant field
- Three (3) Years’ experience in construction or engineering with a proven track record
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Reading comprehension of technical documents including Architectural, Structural, Mechanical,Electrical and Plumbing drawings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent report writing and record-keeping
- Exemplary analytic problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proven leadership skills with a large and diverse workforce
- Ability to nurture effective professional relationships with staff and clients
- Confidence to thrive under pressure
- Professional demeanor and attitude
- Speaking proficiency in Twi
- Valid driver’s license