- These positions are responsible for the resolution of technical issues and technical training through close cooperation with the Site Coordinator and end-users.
- Provide high-quality communication, technical support, training material and warranty claim processing for the related products.
- Communicate service and other relevant activities to the Site Shift
- Supervise through daily service reports or appropriate medium i.e. e-mail and telephone communications
- Provide on-site technical support in the form of troubleshooting
- Provide parts information to the Maintenance Planner and Site Shift
- Foreman for repairs and to customers as needed
- Provide warranty support as required, assisting in the determination of failures, and possible causes
- Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot numerous types of equipment as supplied by Atlas Copco, including hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, drive systems, and diesel engines
- Provide training on equipment operation and maintenance procedures for the start-up of new equipment
- Monitor equipment that is in use with customers, provide audits of equipment for future repairs and keep in a reliable state at all times
- Help develop solutions to local problems
- Ensuring the proper handling of all testing and repairs tools
- At least three (3) years relevant post-qualification experience in Field Service
- HND/ Degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Engineering, Electrical or Agricultural Engineering
- Preference will be given to those who have worked on either Atlas Copco surface drills or
- Hitachi/Caterpillar/Komatsu excavators or surface drill rigs
- Must have a significant understanding and experience in troubleshooting Hydraulic, low voltage electrics, air systems, and RCS systems
- The preferred candidates must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and good work ethic
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Must be courteous and professional in all communications.