- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed.
- Estimate costs and time required for repair or maintenance of the vehicle.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the day-to-day running of the garage, e.g. by writing work orders and by arranging for garage staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on vehicles.
- Repair, maintain and service vehicles and their mechanical and electronic components.
- Ensure that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice.
- Check the activities in the garage, inspect completed work for compliance with safety and other statutory regulations, and make sure defects are repaired or adjusted.
- Maintain records of repair and service work, and make reports to detect recurrent faults.
- Make sure the vehicle is returned to the owner in a clean and decent state.
- Provide information for staff about latest developments, technical specifications of new cars, garage merchandise, etc.
- Btech Automotive Engineering
- 5 - 10 years of work experience
Other Requirements / Expected Skills
- Greet customers and interact with them to understand their vehicular problems.
- Drive the vehicle with the technician and the customer to gain firsthand knowledge of the vehicular problems.
- Prepare the cost estimates including the services and repair costs and the cost of spare parts, if needed.
- Maintain and manage a daily record of repairs and services of vehicles undertaken and completed.
- Ensure delivery of vehicles to customers on time.
- Handle and manage softly the minor complaints and irritants with the customers.
- Educate customers on maintaining their vehicles free from troubles and problems.
- Supervise, manage and monitor automotive service technicians and repairers.
- Handle customer inquiries and respond to their needs in a cool, courteous and prompt manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at the highest level through effective services and repairs"
Personality Type: Enterprising / Conventional
Salary: GH₵ 1000.00 - 1500.00