We are seeking a technically skilled & highly motivated individual to work within our growing Global IT Organization. This role requires a range of experience supporting Linux servers running customer-facing and internal applications
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
What You’ll Do
- Effectively deploy, configure and maintain Linux servers in a Data Center environment.
- Be accountable for server health, uptime, monitoring and disaster recovery.
- Routinely patch, remediate and secure operating systems in alignment with security policies.
- Create and maintain standardized OS templates and employ automation to rapidly deploy virtual machines.
- Assist project teams in technical design, strategy, planning and implementation of server and software rollouts.
- Perform daily operational tasks such as completing change requests, resolving trouble tickets, server monitoring and problem triage.
- Produce and maintain server documentation
- Adopt DevOps practices to drive the use of automation to simplify routine tasks.
What You’ll Bring
- Linux server installation, configuration and administration (RedHat, Centos, )
- Scripting and other automation (ie Shell, Ansible, Perl or Python)
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Apache Tomcat configuration
- VMWare, Networking and storage fundamentals
- Good, clean documentation skills
- Windows Server and IIS administration
- OS security and server hardening
- Software deployment tools (Octupus, Jenkins, GIT, etc)
- Linux management tools (Satellite, Katello Foreman, Satellite or Spacewalk)
- Monitoring tools (Icinga, New Relic, Opsview, Zabbix, etc)
- Disaster Recovery methodologies and implementation
- AIX, Linux and/or Solaris Knowledge
- 7+ years experience supporting Linux servers in a production environment.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Working experience in a multi-platform, multi-data center IT environment.
- Experience automating tasks using scripting languages like shell (bash, csh, etc), Perl or Python
- Proven experience supporting web-based applications running on Apache Tomcat
- Experience creating and maintaining good server documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to identify, implement and drive improvements.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and output driven.
- Flexibility with regards to working outside normal business hours as required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.