- Grow revenue and sales, offering marketing advice and introducing our services to prospective clients and negotiating contracts with the aim of maximizing profits for the organization.
- Keep up to date on industry trends by reading about new and existing products, and monitor the sales, prices, and products of competitors.
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer their firm’s advertising services by selling advertising slots on the company’s website
- Able to achieve sale target
- Explain to clients how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- Provide clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services
- Preparing and sending insertion orders to clients
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing clients
- Inform clients of available options for advertising art, formats, or features and provide samples of previous work for other clients • Deliver advertising or illustration proofs to clients for approval
- Updating sales database/CRM (Pipedrive)
- Preparing for sales presentations
- Following up on client’s campaigns.
- Attending relevant conferences or exhibitions to prospect for customers and represent the company.
- Maintaining customer relationships
- Recommend appropriate sizes and formats for advertising
Skills, Competence and Experience
- Fair knowledge of the (digital) advertising sector
- Versatile salesperson and have the ability to close deals
- Must have five to eight years of sales experience
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to explain and attract new customers
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Advanced Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good business sense
- A deep understanding of sales, customer service and marketing principles
- A minimum of a Degree in marketing/sales or any related field. A Masters will be an added advantage.