The Senior Program Director - Africa position provides an exceptional opportunity for an individual with superior leadership, analytical, interpersonal, and strategic skills to serve as a key contributor to our mission and help shape our work in the region. The right candidate is one who has a proven ability to deliver on strategy, build culture, influence results through others, build strong relationships, and make strategic decisions that drive impact. This individual is required to have deep experience living and working in the region and a strong orientation to diversity, equity and inclusiveness. The role reports into the Head of Region-Africa
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
Regional Strategy Development, Execution and Monitoring (35%)
- Drive the process of the development of the regional strategy in consultation with the Head of Region
- Support and thought partner with the Head of Region in establishing, evolving, and driving the execution of the regional team vision and priorities in alignment with Teach For All’s vision, values, core purpose and intended outcomes
- In collaboration with the Head of Region, provide support and thought partnership to Network Engagement Directors to ensure high performance, leadership development, strong culture and effective allocation of financial and staff resources across the region to maximize regional impact
- Oversee the development and implementation of systems and processes that will enable the region to have a big picture view of Africa regional needs, data, short term/long term plan of support and evidence of impact
- Overseeing the design tools and processes for quarterly reflections that ensure the team is making progress against priorities and organizational outcomes
- Working with Network Engagement Directors, proactively identify and maximize opportunities to learn from and with network partners, other Teach For All global organization teams, and/or external experts
- Oversee the development of the team budget
Coordination with other regional and global teams (30%)
- Lead on working strategically with/across teams such as Network Learning, Coaching and Consulting and Network Operations to drive engagement/support/priorities for impact
- Ensure that there are effective systems and structures to communicate, collaborate, and access the tools needed for daily work across the regional team
- In collaboration with the Regional Head, work with the the regional team, other regions and and global team to inform the culture, priorities and resource allocation of the global organization
Supporting current and prospective partners 25%:
- Engage in day-to-day thought partnership with at least one partner and a prospective CEOand their leadership teams to build capacity and enhance strategic clarity. Ensure the network’s resources are strategically leveraged to best meet co-diagnosed partner and prospective partner needs.
- Facilitate the co-creation of annual partnership plans that identify how the network can support accelerated impact locally as well as how each partner can contribute to the network’s collective impact. The specific partner organizations assigned to the Network Engagement Director’s portfolio will be determined based on a combination of factors including location, language skills and abilities, and background experience.
- Build relationships and networks with key stakeholders by leveraging deep understanding of the diversity of the African landscape to attract high potential prospective partners in the region to foster expanded and diversified impact that grows the region’s reach.
- Facilitate immersive experiences and peer-to-peer visits to network partners and events, ensuring collaboration and connection with the network community that furthers impact and fosters a strong network culture.
- Rethink how we are supporting the growing pipeline of Early stage entrepreneurs in the region working closely and in collaboration with network learning and coaching and consultancy team
Manage systems and processes for team learning (10%)
- Bring robust understanding of the Africa context, history and culture necessary to consider as we think about collective support
- Develop a team learning agenda that deepens engagement and understanding of insights and priorities, strengthens team culture and collaboration, and addresses team development needs
- Minimum of 8-10 years professional experience required
- Experience working and/or living in the region required
- Experience having managed a unit/team required
- Experience of coaching senior leaders
- Willingness and ability to reside and work (authorization) in region long-term required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to understand and lead in alignment with Teach For All’s vision, core purpose, intended outcomes, unifying principles and theory of change
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values
- Ability to lead effectively to increase representation and inclusivity; sensitivity to racial, cultural and ideological diversity, including power and privilege dynamics
- Ability to be highly visionary, strategic, and analytical
- Ability to deeply understand and navigate within distinct local contexts quickly
- Ability to develop strong, authentic relationships with diverse individuals, and to influence and motivate others through both formal and informal authority; management experience is a plus
Travel and Hours
This position is a regional role and is part of a remote and globally distributed team, with other team members working across the globe. Some travel possible when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.