Sourcegraph is in a stage of growth where it’s critical for us to provide support and coaching to our managers and ensure they’re growing and getting the best from their people. You’ll also be working closely with our bigger People team to help build out and enhance our hiring, onboarding, learning, impact management, compensation, wellbeing and innovation initiatives. Our best people thrive in fast-paced, constantly-changing environments where anyone can raise ideas, take ownership of challenges, challenge leaders’ thinking and apply high agency to getting the best work done.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:8 years
We’d be looking to you to:
- Be a thought-sharing and coaching partner to our managers, guiding them on their strategies for retaining and leveraging the talent on their teams: how to make sure their onboarding and training initiatives are effective, how to assess the level of impact of each person on the team and ensure they are compensated at the right level, how to ensure their people are creating balance, taking rest and applying agency over their work, how best to address underperformance, and all the little bits of guidance in between.
- Collaborating with our cross-functional People team to develop, enhance and launch people-facing initiatives that meet the needs of our teams and help us retain and grow the best people.
- Identifying – and acting on – trends and opportunities that point to better ways of doing things as we scale
- Challenging managers on their thinking, and guiding them on difficult conversations when it’s appropriate to do so
- Acting as an advocate and guardian of our culture and guiding teammates and managers to apply our values in their daily decisions.
Within one month, you will
- Have completed the onboarding process yourself, and understand what it looks like for other parts of the business
- Build relationships with each member of the team and understand how the team supports the company and works together
- Understand the team’s quarterly objectives and get an idea of how you contribute to the team
- Connected with each of the managers in the business to build a relationship and begin to understand their needs
- Get up to speed with all our guidelines, benefits and ways of working.
Within three months, you will…
- Have a clear sense of how you contribute to the success of the team and the bigger company
- Have a solid understanding of all our systems and how they work together
- Be autonomously helping managers with day-to-day guidance and coaching on their people strategies and initiatives, as well as providing effective coaching and HR support around challenging situations and people dynamics
- Start contributing new insights to inform People team initiatives, and taking the lead if appropriate
Within six months, you will…
- Be a trusted advisor to your teams, informing their people strategies and connecting this to team initiatives with ease and flow, helping the People team offer an exceptional service to the business.
- Be leading our in-house manager training and liaising with our L&D function to help ensure that our opportunities touch the right things.
You are a seasoned HR People Partner with a recommended 8 years’ experience in a people-partnering role within a fast-paced, high-change environment like Tech. You’re skilled at building trust with experienced and first-time managers, and you know how to help them make sense of the opportunities and challenges of management. You are available to help our US-based managers in their timezones, have a strong track record of interpreting and applying the appropriate sections of applicable US laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies, to people situations as appropriate.
Managers and teammates seek your day-to-day advice, and your strategic input and guidance on bigger initiatives relating to their people. You balance objectivity with empathy, and logic with creativity, to help us find the right solution for everyone involved. You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, can help others navigate ambiguity and always approach challenges mindful of the impact on our company culture, values and teammate morale. You are willing to help with day-to-day tasks as we scale and figure out what the future looks like. You communicate with warmth and influence, and are comfortable practicing HR in an asynchronous environment where meetings are used only if necessary and written documentation is default.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.