Ensure the delivery of a high standard of midwifery practice to all clients within the individual’s sphere of responsibility and competence in accordance with the Scope of Professional Midwifery Practice and hospital’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
• To work in partnership with women to give the necessary support, care and advice during pregnancy, labour and the postpartum period, assist with deliveries on the midwife’s own responsibility and to provide care for the newborn and the mother.
• To perform health counselling and education not only for the woman, but also within the family and the community involving antenatal education and preparation for parenthood extending to women`s health sexual or reproduction health and child care.
• Provide professional advice and support to the other members of staff to ensure the efficient and effective use of personnel and resources.
• Take charge of the ward/section, in the absence of the in-charge Midwife for the management of the daily responsibilities, including work allocation, deployment to ensure smooth running of the area.
• Assist members of the team in planning, priority setting and decision making.
• Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of quality initiatives.
• Contribute towards maintaining a safe, therapeutic and learning environment.
• Promotes a clinical environment that facilitates change and introduces innovative efficient care structures and processes that are beneficial to the mothers and the organization.
• Mentor junior staff and students/trainees and visiting staff
Educational And Work Experience:
• Degree in Midwifery.
• Must have at least 5+ years previous experience in Midwifery.
• Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment whiles making sound decisions.
• Excellent Verbal, Written Communication and people skills.
• Strong problem-solving, analytical, and clinical assessment skills.
• Patient and compassionate.
• Calm and cool-headed with a positive attitude
• Good leadership skills; able to mentor and educate.
A Cover letter, a complete CV with References, Testimonial and as well as all relevant Educational Certificates Should be sent via mail to: email@example.com
All emails should be referenced with the Job Title as the subject.
Note that only short-listed applicants would be contacted
Deadline for Receipt of Applications: Before the close of work,15th December 2022.
Salary Range: Confidential
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.