The Senior Medical Writer (SMW) will support our clients by drafting medical publications with knowledge of publications processes and requirements. The SMW will be client facing and have the opportunity to work collaboratively across our team. SMWs will lead projects, write publications, collaborate with experts and mentor more junior colleagues.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Create documents for all phases of drug development, including manuscripts, abstracts, posters, oral presentations and slide sets through their lifecycle
- Independently write first drafts with input from lead author from CSR and/or TFLs
- Coordinate or complete journal/abstract submissions adhering to journal and congress requirements
- Perform Project Management responsibilities including: managing specific details of a project, coordinating with the authors, scheduling and participating in meetings, showing excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Coordinate with lead author to prepare outlines and timelines
- Manage and drive document reviews and address comments. Facilitate comment resolution discussions with internal client authors and external KOLs.
- Obtain and retain required documentation for publication per client policies.
- Understand and follow all client publication policies and procedures, including confidentiality, secure file transfer, copyright law and privacy protection
Education, Experience, Training, And Knowledge
- BS/BA degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required; PhD, MD or PharmD preferred
- 3 + years of experience as a professional medical writer who has contributed or written many medical publications, manuscripts, presentations, posters and letters across therapeutic areas
- Advanced graphics capabilities to produce publication quality figures
- Experience with developing social media summaries and video abstracts a plus
- Knowledge of the regulatory industry in the US and abroad, remaining up to date with changes in different therapeutic areas
Skills & Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel); Adobe Acrobat for developing and editing poster slides, pdf poster layouts and slide sets
- Knowledge validating publication guidelines and specifications, client publication policies and procedures, confidentiality, secure file transfer, copyright and privacy protection.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work across an organization, facilitate discussions with clients and client authors and key opinion leaders within an industry
- Strong analytical skills to anticipate client needs within a client engagements, identify where improvements can be made and offer suggestions for making work more efficient
- Maintain industry knowledge, identify and adopt work practices that are the most effective to ensure consistency in performance for self and the team
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.