This position serves as Senior Manager to support activities as required in Ghana and other African countries where Earthworm is present or working with partners or members.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Lead Earthworms team and strategic direction of work in Ghana including direct engagement with business, donors and a wide range of key stakeholders
- Ensure delivery of timely, high quality work and impact.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee activities and service provision to identified projects, ensuring all delivery targets are satisfactorily met. This includes but not limited to: work planning, field work supervision, budget management, members communication, building new relationships with other organizations/stakeholders;
- Collaborate with Earthworm staff, members and civil society partners in Africa and around the World as required;
- Lead business development in Ghana and support efforts in West Africa as required.
- Ensure the impact of our work is measurable and being actively communicated in Ghana and across the Region.
- Take charge of report writing, collating meeting documentation, developing communications materials and forward-planning as the business grows;
- Develop and implement strategic work plans for expanding programmes in collaboration with relevant thematic leads;
- Research and evaluate product supply chains against responsible sourcing guidelines and international standards;
- Monitor and update supplier information for Earthworm members/clients regarding key commitments made towards responsible sourcing procedures, work plans or agreements, etc;
- Carry out field work, specifically Scoping visits in compliance with the guidelines. Provide any feedback to feed these guidelines to be adapted to the local context;
- Provide advice, ideas, and innovations; and participate actively internally and externally for helping spread and develop programs: from the vision to the day-to-day work;
- Undertake regular communications with Senior Managers and other Senior Earthworm staff, the Executive team with a view to providing clear updates on progress, challenges and issues for which additional support may be required. In the meantime, share experiences with other Staff Worldwide, project managers and senior managers.
- Master’s degree or other equivalent higher-level training in agriculture, forestry, soil science, natural resource management, supply chains, environmental or social sciences or business;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant business or non-profit experience, with increasing responsibilities in programme and people management;
- Field experience, particularly in Africa;
- Strategic thinking & planning capacity (particularly in management related to agriculture, sol science, forestry, environmental and social issues) while being a hand-on perseverant doer to ensure efficient delivery;
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues around the environmental, social and legality risks within Earthworm product groups;
- Ability to break down complex problems, through practical wisdom, develop and implement action plans that close out GAPs that address the challenges within acceptable timeframes;
- Demonstrated ability to work with businesses on management, supply chain and certification issues;
- Ability to work independently and guide the Ghana team
- Ability to prioritize and organize own work schedule;
- Well-developed management and leadership capabilities;
- Advanced personal computer, email, Microsoft Office Program suite, Internet skills, Understanding of GIS tools.
- English proficiency (both oral and written); French is an advantage
- African languages proficiency desirable
- Passion for working on issues related to sustainability and supply chains.
- Hands-on, practical, innovative.
- Flexibility, mature, takes initiative/proactive and positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously.
- Committed to Earthworm Foundation values.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
- Based in Ghana (Takoradi);
- Our global operations span many time zones, which means staff are often required to work outside office hours. This position will require regular meetings with leaders of large, multi-national corporations, as well as extensive international travel, so the candidate should be able to thrive in both corporate settings and a wide variety of cultural environments.
- Full-time position
- Immediate start;
- Valid work authorization required in the case you are not Ghanaian;
- Priority given to candidates from the African continent;
- Position reporting to: Earthworm Head of West Africa
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.