We are seeking an outstanding candidate who can lead with confidence, and strategically embed and prioritize evidence and research across the organization. He/she will:
- Lead on creating and improving quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and processes documented in a monitoring, evaluation and learning plan (MELP)
- Train staff and partners in MEL system implementation
- Coordinate all data collection efforts, ensure data quality, process and analyze the data for donor reporting, adaptive program and organizational management and learning purposes
- Provide oversight support to external evaluators
- Effectively lead and manage the Learning Team to deliver exceptional results in the company’s Learning Function
The Senior Learning Manager will lead the company’s Learning agenda and supervise the Learning team in the following areas of responsibility:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Agenda Design
- Develop and manage the company’s annual research agenda
- Lead on the further development of the Learning strategy and contribute to the organization’s broader program development and continuous improvement.
- Design and communicate project-specific learning activities to the wider organization
Lead the collation and analysis of field data in a timely manner to monitor progress of our programs and evaluate risks, opportunities, and successes, providing regular feedback to internal and external stakeholders
- Design, pilot, and train on data collection tools focused on learning goals
- Manage and build data quality measures, including spot checks, tablet survey programming, and data cleaning protocols
- Calendar data collection plans to optimize staff time and travel
- Conduct field visits to provide feedback to data collection team and understand data quality risks
- Manage data, protocols, and tools in an easily accessible system
- Lead the collection of relevant external data (e.g. College of Education exam results and grades, as needed in our teacher pre-service programmatic work)
- Lead and supervise the Learning team located out of the head office.
- Identify professional development areas for each team member and provide regular, actionable feedback for continual growth
- Ensure high quality data, analysis, and reporting from Learning team before results are shared
- Set and communicate the company’s strategic vision as well as Learning team culture, celebrating continual growth and high standards
Actionable Analysis and Reporting
- Lead on the synthesizing of data and collation of regular reports and key learning, including actionable recommendations to (i) inform the company’s activities and monitor the organization’s impact; (ii) feed into periodic reports for funders and partners
- Liaise closely with the Fundraising Team in the UK to ensure that all stakeholder reporting is carried out in a timely manner, and to the highest quality as specified by the individual donors and partners
Organizational Leadership and Coordination
- Play a key role in informing program strategy with recommendations from Learning team data.
- Collaborate proactively across the organization, and liaise closely with the Programs team in particular and with other departments in the company.
- Support the work of independent impact assessments and supervise external consultants as necessary
- Develop and manage the Learning team’s budget
- Network with other NGOs running similar programs to find areas of collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Liaise with GES Officers to share data and plan field monitoring of participants in our programs.
- Support senior leadership in developing a scaling approach to extend the company’s impact.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving abilities. Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Expertise and experience in learning plan development, data collection planning, piloting, training, data quality, and data analysis.
- Fluent in quantitative data analysis software e.g. SPSS, R and/or Stata.
- Ability to provide actionable recommendations from realistic data.
- Skills in stakeholder engagement, ability to actively listen, respond to feedback, and manage multiple interests.
- Leadership qualities, ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative working style, self-motivated and results driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for work progression and issue-resolution.
- Concise, structured communication
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a University degree in Social Sciences/Statistics, Data Science or relevant discipline. 10-15 years of work experience, with at least 5 years in M&E specifically.
- Strong technical training, critical thinking skills and increasing levels of responsibility.
- A masters’ degree in relevant discipline with at least 4-6 years in a managerial capacity in an international NGO will be of added advantage.
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.