A renowned Investment Company in Ghana is looking to hire an intelligent and highly motivated individual who has an aptitude for accounts as well as good business acumen to fill the position of a Senior Executive Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the company has a healthy cash flow position at all times.
- Manages the company's portfolio of investment, records the investment activities, analyses the possible variances and makes the necessary entries in the journals by interacting with the portfolio managers.
- Performs detailed review of the yearly audited financial statements, make plans for alternative investment options
- Provide support in the preparation of valuation materials and assists in monitoring of valuation procedures
- Imports and upload monthly investment data using appropriate templates: analyzes the investment activities and makes proper recommendations to the management
- Prepares timely and accurate monthly investment reconciliations and ensures that it is appropriately scheduled to ensure the timely distribution to management team
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and ensure that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and/or international financial reporting standards.
- Oversees the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets of the company by maintaining a comprehensive Fixed Asset Register and ensuring depreciation is accurately captured on a monthly basis.
- Reviews and ensures that payroll is processed in a timely and accurate manner while ensuring that all necessary deductions are accurately captured each month.
- Prepares the Company’s annual budget for review and approval by the Board of Directors.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Up-to-date knowledge of IFRS reporting standards.
- In depth knowledge of investment accounting; strong understanding of business models for generating customer & shareholder value.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Good math skills with excellent attention detail
- Good analyzing ability combined with strong organizational skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- A Degree in Accounting or Finance or an MBA
- A professional accounting certification from a recognized institution - Chartered or ACCA/ICAG II and above
- Minimum of 5 years progressive finance related experience, preferably in an Investment Company, 3 years of which must be at management level.