We're looking for an enthusiastic and resourceful software engineer, passionate about building Hotjar foundational systems and infrastructure, someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of working remotely. Working as part of a fully remote squad in the Scale & Support tribe, your role will be centered around engineering core systems to serve the scaling needs of our product. We are looking for people with strong software engineering fundamentals, experienced with one of our main languages (Python and Go), and with high throughput backend systems, networking, message queues, and data processing technologies.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
What you might be doing in this role:
- Own backend services end to end, from creating the first RFC to supporting them in production
- Work on scaling our data ingestion pipeline, working with 10+ million messages/min sent to Kafka, performing stream processing on the data
- Engineer a scalable file storage system capable of handling 150+ million new files per day
- Optimize the way we schedule services on Kubernetes
- Maintain our CDN and routing components with performance and simplicity in mind
- Optimize the way we distribute backend tasks using messaging queues - Celery is our default now
- Help debug complex distributed systems issues
- Create and document foundational libraries for product squads to integrate with our monitoring, error reporting and logging tools
- Leverage your expertise to provide feedback during code reviews or in RFC documents and design proposals
- 5+ years background in building and maintaining high throughput web services or backend systems
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience with one of our main languages - Python makes up most of our codebase, but Go usage is growing
- Familiar with the use of databases and message brokers/queues at scale - PostgreSQL, Redis, ClickHouse, Kafka, RabbitMQ are some of the main technologies we use
- Familiar with public cloud infrastructure - we deploy everything on AWS, but if you have experience with GCP or Azure that’s fine too.
- Experience with Linux and system programming a big plus
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.