- Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings.
- Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Represent the company in legal proceedings.
- Design and oversee the company’s policy and position on legal matters.
- Protect the company against legal risks and violations.
- Examine the legal issues related to new products and services.
- Negotiate deals on behalf of the company.
- Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations.
Qualification and Requirements
- Must have at least 6 years post-qualification experience in corporate/commercial law gained from private practice or as an in-house legal counsel in a corporate setting;
- Must have substantial experience in various facets of the law including general Corporate and Commercial transactions, Project and Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Employment and Labour law, Real Estate and Litigation;
- Displays a considerable commitment to business development and other commercial activities;
- Must be a great team-player, shares knowledge and has the ability to motivate and coach Associates and contribute to the overall team success;
- Must be commercially-minded, pro-active in identifying issues and able to work with clients in solving them;
- Must be able to provide excellent client care and effective time management to meet the Firm’s and clients’ expectations;
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and technical skills.