Status is looking for multiple senior experienced C++/QML UI devs to join our growing desktop dev team and to work with us to create a permissionless, decentralized, censorship proof group chat platform. Role responsibilities include developing new features, creating and enhancing components in our QML UI toolkit component library, advising and assisting other members of the desktop dev team with solving challenging QML UI development problems, and perhaps working on the Go backend if this is something you would enjoy. As a team we try to match task assignment with the individual interests and passions of our team members, so there is a high degree of flexibility with regards to what you would be working on. If you are a passionate C++/QML expert who knows all the ins and outs of C++ and QT/QML UI development this could be an ideal role for you.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Build new features, enhance existing functionality and fix issues in the Status Desktop application.
- Help develop and maintain Status’s QML UI component library (primarily used by the Status Desktop product)
- Advise and assist the other developers in the Desktop team as needed to help solve the hardest QML UI development challenges
- Contribute to C++ and Go codebases (and help with transitioning the codebase from Nim to C++ if you join us prior to this transition being completed), but don’t worry if you don’t have any prior Go or Nim experience.
- Be one of our resident experts for everything related to C++ and Qt/QML UI development.
- Expert level experience implementing UIs using Qt/QML/C++
- A strong ability to think about components and modules as they relate to other components as part of a larger system
- A very strong attention to detail and the willingness to deliver pixel perfect UI according to the designs.
- Provide feedback and product ideas to the designers as needed
- Experience with multithreading / concurrency
- Good communication skills in English
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles We are a passion driven project on a mission to build tools that protect and enable free speech.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.