Business Unit: Digital Strategy and Sales
Reports To: Country Head, Sales, and Director of Digital, Pulse Ghana
Our expertise in both content creation and distribution provides our clients unrivaled 360° creative services and digital solutions.
This role sits within the Business Development & Digital Strategy team. The team consists of marketing and sales specialists who utilize their skills to sell Pulse products, create winning strategies for clients, and are critical to the success of Pulse Africa. This role is an excellent opportunity to develop sales skills and is ideally suited to someone just starting out in their sales career.
We are looking for someone who is a team player, is very confident, a quick learner, has very good attention to detail, and is happy to get stuck in with both cold calling and admin but also ready to think about strategy across varied clients. You will naturally be a high achiever and thrive on meeting and exceeding sales quotas. Industry experience is key, ideally with a good understanding of corporate accounts and sales team management experience.
The purpose of the role is to drive new sales through lead generation. Leads are generated through prospecting in the wider marketplace for non-Pulse client leads.
You will be required to help manage and coach a mature and highly motivated business development team and utilize opportunities to ensure a high win rate.
You will also be passionate and have the ability to assist the Director of Digital Strategy and Sales Development to continually improve and better the new business process to ensure success is delivered across all client brands.
There are two main components to the role:
- Building lead lists and qualifying through prospecting (including research and cold calling).
- Manage the Pulse lead referral process for our products.
- Providing leadership as a Senior Sales Executive
There will also be elements:
- Pitching and presenting Pulse products to prospective clients.
- Supporting the general marketing team to convert marketing activities to leads.
- Lead generation through:
○ list building using various resources
○ due diligence on any Pulse relationships
- Qualifying leads through:
○ Cold calling using a consultative based approach
○ Supporting marketing activities to convert to leads
○ Providing relevant information to qualify
○ Ensure all SalesForce entries are both relevant and accurate.
- Building leads and qualified leads from Pulse through:
○ Building Pulse lead lists for each product
○ Managing the referral process via calling and emailing business professionals
- Build trusted advisor status within Pulse Ghana
○ Provide advisory services for clients and the organization
○ Conduct analysis to ensure consistent provision of innovative/top-notch services to clients
○ Maintains sales and team development by contributing to training and sharing best practices with colleagues.
- Hitting lead and qualified sales quotas by
○ Develop and present digital strategies for prospective clients.
○ Work with the Country Head for Sales & Director of Digital to actively propose and help implement new and innovative strategies in order to meet and exceed the company’s overall revenue and profit targets.
- General leadership through;
○ Providing leadership as a Senior Sales Executive
○ Provide leadership for sales activities regarding clients especially high profile clients
○ Team building and mentoring
- Support and drive to achieve revenue targets
- Drive business growth and achieve monthly targets
- Provide leadership for sales activities regarding clients especially high profile clients
- Team building and mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter with the drive to hit quotas
- Considerable knowledge and experience in Sales and Marketing at a managerial level (Above 3 years)
- Evidence of securing high profile clients
- Professional Member of a recognized Marketing and Sales institution
- Good Management and Leadership skills
- Strong gravitas when calling and meeting with senior individuals within organizations and nurturing these relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can learn how to use technology quickly (sales tech and products)
- Research skills
- Tenacious attention to detail
- Proficiency using Google Suite applications, in particular, Sheet, Slides and Docs
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving: the ability to determine solutions for customers
- Results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Team player
- Ability to identify key decision-makers at target companies
- Experience of the legal sector or similar sectors preferred but not essential, especially for graduates
- At least Bachelors degree level of education, a masters degree in a related field is an advantage
What we offer
- A full-level contributory pension scheme
- Single Medical cover for you and ward
- The chance to make a positive difference to our commercial customers
- Interesting, varied and enjoyable work
- A company that recognizes your contribution
It is the company's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, color, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the company will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer, and every other aspect of employment. The company will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The company is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a program of action to ensure that the policy is and continues to be, fully effective. All staff is required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity.
Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.