Security Engineer – Web Application Penetration Testing
Engineering & Technology
Veeva’s Security Engineering Team is seeking Red Teamers to help keep Veeva secure and safe from attackers. Our team in Columbus is growing, and we want you to join us! The candidate needs to be based in North America and in ET or CT time zones. This role has a broad scope, ranging from attacking Veeva’s AWS services, infrastructure and processes, and products. Discovering weaknesses in Veeva’s architecture. Working with product and platform teams performing penetration tests on new products. Working with third-party testers and researchers to sharpen our detective and preventative capabilities. This role presents an ultimate test of one’s security knowledge and ability, along with the support of a team of highly skilled individuals.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- A Red Team Security Engineer at Veeva is expected to be strong in offensive security domains, testing, techniques, and practices. Engineers in this role work closely with application product teams throughout Veeva. Security engineers will provide technical leadership and advice to developers, engineers, and third-party consultants.
- As a Red Team Engineer, you must show exemplary judgment in making informed technical trade-offs of testing, short-term fixes, long-term security gains, and product team development. You must also demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact. Above all else, a strong sense of customer obsession is necessary to focus on the ultimate goal of keeping Veeva and its customers secure.
- Participate in Red Team engagements throughout Veeva with few limits and restrictions
- Conduct full-cycle engagements with development teams independently, or as part of a team
- Perform manual examination of Veeva systems, websites, and networks to discover weaknesses
- Thoroughly document exploits, attack chains, and proof of concept scenarios for technical reviews
- Communicate findings and discoveries to prioritize and execute remediation plans
- Coordinate findings and remediation from third-party penetration testers
- Maintain AWS VPC and related testing systems for our internal and third-party testing programs
- Conduct red team, and purple team exercises and coordinate tabletop exercises
- Penetration tests of new products, concepts, and pilot products
- Review Veeva product release notes and select new features to test throughout the year
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years in an Information Security role, preferably in red teaming, offensive security, penetration testing, reverse engineering, incident response, or vulnerability management
- Advanced knowledge and understanding in various disciplines such as security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Experience with interpreted or compiled languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP, C/C++, Java, C#
- Experience with cloud service providers and their offerings, preferably AWS and its various technologies and APIs
- Mobile testing on Windows, iOS, and Android
- Experience with various testing tools, such as Netspaker, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nmap, Nessus, Burp Suite, etc.
- Familiar with offensive TTPs (Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures) including post-exploitation and lateral movement
- Experience with Redhat, AWS Linux, AWS Linux 2, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Understanding of one or more standards: OSWAP Top 10, SANS Top 20, NIST 800-53, CIS, CSC, or other security standards
Nice to Have:
- Industry penetration certifications such as OSCP, GPEN, GXPN, GWAPT, etc.
- Industry security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, or others
- Experience in conducting social engineering-focused assessments
- Experience in CTF competitions, CVE research, and/or Bug Bounty recognition
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Experience in Web and Mobile (Android/iOS) based application/service assessment
- Experience in Wireless and Network assessment in enterprise infrastructure
- Experience in reverse engineering and associated tooling such as IDA
- Experience in Advanced Persistent Threat exploits
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls (WAF), IDS/IPS, or other security platforms
- Knowledge of fuzzing, memory corruption, and exploit development
- Knowledge about hardware hacking
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.