The successful candidate will perform all necessary safety and emission inspection on a variety of vehicles, such as passenger cars, jeeps and certain types of mobile vehicles. He/she will inspect overall interior and exterior conditions of cars and inspect operations of windshield wiper and washer, speedometer, turn signals and on a need basis, work computer terminal to process and review vehicle information. He/she will conduct vehicle identification inspections on vehicles for customers seeking to sell their cars.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:1 year
About the Company
If you would like to work with a business that has the potential to be a leading vehicle trading company in Ghana, Jiji Cars is your best option. We work hard, and we reward people who are passionate enough to nurture this vision with us. We have embarked on a growth agenda and we have an ambition to grow our customer and car base, increase our margins, improve our operational ways of working and increase our social responsibility. We combine well-established processes and policies with the business challenges, both procedural and cultural, and are now entering a huge growth phase. This means we have the right sound base and great people, but plenty of interesting work to do. This is a genuinely fast-moving and professional environment, with highly supportive colleagues and a focus on the huge opportunity Jiji Cars has over the next few years.
About the Team
Our senior leadership team are driven, passionate individuals who possess excellent credentials, have quality work experience across reputable companies and have come together at Jiji Cars.com to do the most phenomenal work of their lives. With over 200 years of combined experience and from varied backgrounds, our team shares the same vision and common values.
Essential Job Functions
- Scan vehicles with vehicle scanning equipment to determine status of vehicle
- Comprehensive check of vehicle interior and exterior parts
- Greet and direct customers seeking a vehicle identification inspection.
- Review customer’s ownership records for completeness and to assure all pertinent documentation is included.
- When necessary, inform customers of additional information needed, and serve as a source of referral.
- Conduct identification inspections on various types of vehicles. Inspection includes comparison of the vehicle’s identification numbers (VIN) with the numbers listed on the customer’s ownership records, and a notation of current odometer reading.
- Review customer’s titles for accuracy and completeness. Review includes titles from other states and foreign countries.
- Following established procedures, conduct on-site identification inspections for local car dealerships, as assigned.
- Complete a Statement of Inspection on all vehicles inspected. Forward completed
- Statement of Inspection to designated staff for additional processing.
- Inform supervisor of any vehicles that have questionable odometer readings or identification numbers or have missing or numbers.
- Maintain work area, tools, equipment, and official forms in an efficient, clean, and organized manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Operate a vehicle, safely and in compliance with traffic laws and regulations, in the performance of job duties.
- Prepare and maintain various records, reports, correspondence and other departmental
● 1 to 2 years’ experience on vehicle diagnosis, inspection, or repair
● Sound knowledge of latest automobile repairs & best industry practices
● Excellent knowledge about cars and its various models
● Hands-on experience in diagnosing vehicle issues (experience can range from basic to Ability to use a vehicle scanning machine
● Must be capable of operating vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions, four-wheel drives and constant four-wheel drive vehicles.
● Excellent communication of vehicle report to customers
● HND or BSC in Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical Engineering (OND Holder or Graduates of other disciplines can be considered if candidate possesses experience and/or skill in mechanical/automotive industry)
● Must possess a Driver License
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools
● Knowledge of locations of identification numbers and odometer readings on vehicles.
● Knowledge of or ability to learn to read odometers and detect questionable readings.
● Knowledge of or ability to learn the formats of and details contained in vehicle titles from other states and other countries.
● Knowledge of and ability to utilize the English language, proper grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation.
● Working with people
● Deciding and initiating action
● Self- starter
● Presenting and communicating information
● Superior customer experience
● Persuading and influencing
● Applying expertise and technology
● Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
● Creating and innovating
● Relating and networking
● Task ownership
● Delivering results and meeting customer expectation
What we offer
- We offer financial benefits such as competitive salaries and pension contributions, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and performance output.
- We offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code.
- To harness the power of innovation, Jiji Cars invests in the development of its diverse employees.
- We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
- We are also committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.