Reports Directly to: General Manager
- Responsible for the management and achievement of sales standards.
- Grow market demand and develop new sales channels, to reach as many customers as possible.
- Set and monitor clear performance objectives for all team members and ensure that, they are achieved by training and developing a professional, highly skilled and motivated team
- Develop a clear succession plan that the Company can develop a pool of talent.
- Coordinate the teams calling itineraries and frequency of account contact, to meet standards of service and coverage requirements.
- Manage sales driver implementation and reporting (QDVPPP).
- Act as a central point for effective communication in respect to key accounts, consumers, competitor activity and unleashing opportunities in the market for development.
- Ensure team briefings to include promotional and merchandising activities.
- Making contributions to the regional sales strategy and submit specific cost/benefit proposals for change.
- Ensure accurate classifications of trade accounts to agreed definitions and maintain an accurate data base according to Company’s standards.
- Ensure the effective completion of the area's administration including the maintenance of account records and territory file, special reports and each individual’s personal expenses.
- Provide input and take responsibility for all sales and marketing activities.
- At least 3 to 5 years experience as a Senior Sales Manager in a manufacturing company. Prior experience working in FMCG sector will be a strong asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Sales and Marketing, or related field
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and ERP Systems
- Coping with pressure: the ability to cope with work, time and people pressures.
- Detail orientation: ability to pay attention to, be concerned with, or analyze details without getting bogged down
- Reliability: ability to deliver on commitments made to others.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.