- Leads Program safeguarding strategies, policies, and efforts
- Conducts safeguarding risk and gender assessment and implements needed actions to eliminate or mitigate risk on program participants, implementors and partners
- Develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies and policies to safeguard our program participants
- Consistently reviews current practices and policies, against best practice safeguarding trends and champions necessary program adjustments to support program diversity and safeguarding goals
- Maintains knowledge of safeguarding and diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices
- Implements safeguarding protocols to ensure a safe and emotionally healthy program environment.
- Evaluates effectiveness of program safeguarding systems and recommends needed actions aimed at helping the program maintain best practice safeguarding measures and deter violations of safeguarding rules
- Assesses effectiveness of security and surveillance systems at all implementing locations and takes necessary actions
- Trains program implementers and participants on safeguarding, program safety, reporting procedure and other relevant topics
- Monitors compliance with safeguarding procedures
- Develop and implement customized safeguarding plan for each program wing
- Develop biannual safeguarding report and advise supervisor on program safeguarding status
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 7-years progressive work in developing solutions and implementing strategies with focus on safeguarding efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as strong business acumen
- Advanced competencies at developing safeguarding frameworks, models, policies, tools, and capabilities
- Capable influencer with ability to persuade others as well as strong people management and collaboration skills
- Organized, high-energy individual capable of working in a complex, fast paced and fluid environment; cognizant of when to operate with urgency and/or escalate matters.
- Critical thinker and self-starter who can work proactively to identify key business priorities and work across teams to implement necessary solutions.
- Comfortable with travel and frequent attendance at external meetings.